Current state of System Monitor

Dmitry dmitry.ashkadov at rosalab.ru
Tue Aug 7 10:55:31 UTC 2012

07.08.2012 13:16, Marco Martin пишет:
> On Tuesday 07 August 2012, Dmitry wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I'm working on my new system monitor applet. I hate current default C++
>> applet. So, I've decided to implement my simple system monitor in pure
>> QML (no C++ code at all). At the same time I don't know would KDE team
>> include my applet in the future.
> i would like to replace the current c++ applet(s)
> however to make a painless transition for users it should look as similar as
> possible to the current ones (and then make eventual visual modifications a
> second time)
I don't really need graphical visualization of history of values
(plotter). Current monitor applet acquires too many space on panel and
at the same time it shows current value incorrectly. So, I don't want to
replace current system monitor because it is intended to be placed on a
desktop and I need more simple monitor applet on panel. I usually don't
see my desktop (and never place applets on it) and I think it is better
that system monitor applet is placed on panel.