Files, config, and welcome (again)

Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak rysiek at fwioo.pl
Mon Apr 23 16:49:56 UTC 2012

Hi there,

Thanks for all the answers, I was travelling and couldn't get back on
this sooner.

Dnia niedziela, 15 kwietnia 2012 o 10:14:13 Djuro Drljaca napisał(a):
> as far as I know it is very important to know where you tested it.
> If you only tested it in the plasmoidveiwer then this is probably
> the reason it doesn't work. Install the plasmoid on the system and
> try it there ... then I think it probably will work.

Yes, you were right. Indeed, when added to the plasma desktop the
config does work. Thanks!

Dnia niedziela, 15 kwietnia 2012 o 18:22:52 Mark napisał(a):
> If you're making a qml only plasmoid then KCal is not possible
> since it doesn't have a qml binding (as far as I know...).

Well, I am trying to stick with QML/JS. I have absolutely no
experience with C++ and learning it just to write a plasmoid seems an
overkill...

Dnia niedziela, 15 kwietnia 2012 o 18:45:11 Kevin Krammer napisał(a):
> In either case using KDE's todo classes is certainly the right way
> to go, since it will allow the applet to show/edit data created by
> other todo/task handling applications such as KOrganizer or
> Zanshin (http://zanshin.kde.org/)

Zanshin looks great, thanks for the info. And yes, using something
that would talk with the Calendar seems a great idea. Problem is, I
cannot find any documentation on doing that in QML/JS.

> The Kontact touch related directories in kdepim could be helpful
> here, i.e. those are QML based user interfaces for components that
> are traditionally part of the Kontact suite.

Where can I find those.

> Since Todos/Tasks are another subtype of calendar entry (like
> event) some of the calendar Plasma integration points might be a
> good start as well.

Any link? Can't find that anywhere.

Dnia czwartek, 19 kwietnia 2012 o 18:32:06 Anton Kreuzkamp napisał(a):
> Just read your notes on what it should be able to do. I don't know
> what the akonadi-kcal-solution is able to do. Probably not quite
> everything you want...

O..k. Any docs on it?

> I recommend you to get in touch with the kdepim-gurus and get to
> know what it is able to do and eventually (ideally) how to get the
> missing parts inside akonadi directly, as this is where it
> belongs.

Thanks, will try.

> PS: that means I can delete one item from my todo-list, which is
> "Create Akonadi-based Todo-Plasmoid". Yay! :)

Hey, I haven't done it yet! ;)

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania