MPRIS2 dataengine

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Apr 22 07:16:47 UTC 2012

On Sunday 22 April 2012 01:00:27 Alex Merry wrote:
> Eike Hein suggested that mpris2 should go into kde-workspace, next to
> nowplaying, to allow widget authors to port away from nowplaying.  (The
> trouble with putting mpris2 in addons is that there would be an
> incentive - ubiquity - for widget authors to continue to use
> nowplaying).  In 5.0, nowplaying can be ditched, and mpris2 can move to
> addons, if that's a more sensible place for it long-term.
if nowplaying is currently in kde-workspace, I do not see a reason to consider
moving mpris2 out of workspace in future. I think it is an important feature
of a desktop shell to support media players, so the data engine should be in
kde-workspace.

Even if I never used any media control plasmoid let me say thank for improving
the situation and most importantly move to an async D-Bus communication[1].

Cheers
Martin

[1] We should try writing a Krazy check yelling about sync connections to D-
Bus