Files, config, and welcome (again)

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sun Apr 15 16:45:11 UTC 2012

On Sunday, 2012-04-15, Mark wrote:

> The option (and best option) you have right now is to use akanodi with the
> KCal class
> http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdepimlibs-apidocs/kcal/html/index.html . It
> implements the I calendar specification and also has support for todo
> items. Using the KCal classes will also make them show in any app that uses
> KCal.

Very true, though it might be better to use the respective KCalCore
equivalents, those are cleaned up implementations.

In either case using KDE's todo classes is certainly the right way to go,
since it will allow the applet to show/edit data created by other todo/task
handling applications such as KOrganizer or Zanshin (http://zanshin.kde.org/)

> If you're making a qml only plasmoid then KCal is not possible since it
> doesn't have a qml binding (as far as I know...).

The Kontact touch related directories in kdepim could be helpful here, i.e.
those are QML based user interfaces for components that are traditionally part
of the Kontact suite.

Since Todos/Tasks are another subtype of calendar entry (like event) some of
the calendar Plasma integration points might be a good start as well.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring