Menubar in Workspace 4.8

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Mon Sep 26 12:05:23 UTC 2011

On Sonntag 25 September 2011 17:58:18 Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> * license of required Canonical library is incompatible with license used by decoration
> API (GPLv3-only + Copyright Assignment (personal notice: I rather reinvent the wheel
> in chinese wall style than contributing to a GPLv3 only + CA library) vs BSD)

Not that different from how Qt was licensed for years and even with open governance Qt
contributions will require giving Nokia the exclusive "right to relicense" (as opposed to
LGPL or Apache License for everyone).

> * It needs Qt 4.8. Currently we still depend on Qt 4.7
> and I don't know whether Qt 4.8 will become a requirement for KDE 4.8.

Canonical maintains the patch for the Qt 4.7 series. It can be applied to qt-copy and
declared mandatory for KR 4.8, therefore distributions would have to ship it in order to
have a "compliant" KR 4.8.