QToolTip of Ksnapshot disables the plasma-effects.

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 26 10:02:22 UTC 2011

On Sunday, September 25, 2011 18:39:10 jignesh kakadiya wrote:
> http://paste.kde.org/126985/ here is the Ksnapshottimer.cpp

please post patches, not full copies of the source files, so that we can see
the changes. `git diff` makes this easy.

some comments:

* please keep indentation and whitespace identical in the file to other uses.
e.g. it should be "if (" not "if(" and the opening curly brace on line 84
looks like it is misalinged

* an implementation of enterEvent would probably have been enough;
mouseMoveEvent is only really better if one assumes that after moving the
lable, it might still be under the mouse ... but in that case moving it back
will have the same problem. enterEvent allows you to avoid the check for "is
in the mouse inside the widget" and so keeps the code simpler

* you don't need two booleans for "onLeftCorner" and "onRightCorner". just one
is enough. even then, a simple check for "if (x() == screenGeom.left())" would
probably be enough to know if it is in the left corner.

* the move call to (0, 0) on line 85 will break for screens whose geometry
does not start at (0, 0). it should instead be move(screenGeom.topLeft()).
same for the move call on line 78 which uses 0 for the y coordinate.

> > /home/jiggy/kde/src/ksnapshot/snapshottimer.cpp:76:49: error: invalid use
> > of incomplete type ‘struct QDesktopWidget’

the file is missing: #include <QDesktopWidget>

humru othro a kohnu se