Replace kimpanel in kdeplasma-addons with a rewrite version

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 08:48:09 UTC 2011

> Hi,
>
> What did you mean with regard to the kimtoy author? Are you going to unite
> your efforts? Or are both applications going different ways?
>
> Thanks for taking care of Kimpanel.

As for kimtoy, kimtoy will still be a standalone program in the
future. What I want to do is a plasmoid integrate more with plasma.

There are some places we can unite our efforts. Currently there are 3
input-methods support kimpanel, and for fcitx is supported by upstream
(and yes, I'm also the developer of fcitx), and for scim and ibus it's
maintained from kimpanel/kimtoy. For this part I hope kimpanel and
kimtoy can share the same code instead of two duplication.

And if we want to extend the kimpanel dbus protocol in the future, it
will show up on both kimpanel and kimtoy side. (This already happens.
:) )

(Sorry, not send to the list)