QML support for kdevelop and plasmate

Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas terietor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:34:35 UTC 2011

On 20 September 2011 19:06, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:

> I think the 3 days refer to his outstanding review requests, not the
> language
> plugin.

correct.:)

On 20 September 2011 12:29, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> Sure. But "has" is too strong a word ;-) "should" is much better here I
> think
> :P

:)

> Again: Plasmate would first have to be ported to reuse kdevplatform code at
> least for the editor.

i would like to hear your opinions about that..
When plasmate was writen i wasn't around.
I am not aware if the plasma teams wants plasmate to use code from
kdevplatform or not

Since you seem to be in a hurry, if you think three days make a difference
> or
> not,

of course and its not going to take a week or 2.I know that it will take
much longer

> let me state this one clearly again: Language plugins are demanding work.

I would also like to clarify that,i am not so experienced nor good so if the
architecture of the code will be made
by me the code will probably be mess.

> Not only on the time part - the PHP language plugin e.g. took roughly two
> man
> years of work.

Some more thoughts about the requirements of the plugin,the kdevelop team
doesn't have
the man power to start/support such an afford. Correct?
If this is valid,is it wisely to start this project,since there is the
danger of having it without maintenance
after it gets completed.

--
Tsiapaliwkas Giorgos (terietor)