merging declarative plasmoids

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 09:13:32 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 14 September 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 13, 2011 20:39:20 Viranch Mehta wrote:
> > Also, I would like to make a note here that battery monitor and
> > lock/logout
>
> speaking of lock/logout and applets which are essentially rows of icons ...
> has someone worked out the issues around QML widgets not have size hints
> and appropriate sizing of applets like lock/logout in panels in
> plasma-desktop?

yep, the slc applet should have correct sizing now.
unfortunately it requires some manual calculation from the qml side since is
not something offered stock, but if the root element offers "minimumWidth" and
"minimumHeight" the applet will use them as minimum size hints.

in plasma2, in the case of a scene that doesn't have qgraphicswidgets in the
middle, sizing of things should be a bit easier and a tad more automatic (just
remains pretty hard do to expanding things like the taskbar)

Viranch, that should be done for the lock/logout applet as well

Cheers,
Marco Martin