QML splash screen

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 14 09:06:27 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, September 13, 2011 16:06:57 Jeffery MacEachern wrote:
> >> Multiscreen support can be left out for PA1 anyway.
> >
> > If by Multiscreen do you mean X screens, oki I don't care :p
> > but, if by multiscreen do you mean xradnr // xinerama then I do care :p
> >
> > I don't know what PA1 means, but please if by multiscreen do you mean
> > xrandr/xinerama please fix it before merge anything.
>
> I'm assuming "PA1" == "Plasma Active One"?

yes ...

and anything with more than one screen is currently irrelevant for plasma
active. in future, we will need to have things for screen changes for various
ideas we have cooking, but the first release is all about devices with fixed
screens.

as for the qml splash, as it won't be used by default on anything but plasma
active, and since "not multiscreen" means it will either be stretched over all
screens or just leave other screens blank .. it's not a show stopper either,
especially as 4.8 is quite a ways away for the next desktop and netbook
releases.

humru othro a kohnu se