To much QML options in KDE!

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Oct 30 00:16:23 UTC 2011

On Saturday, October 29, 2011 21:05:35 Mark wrote:
> Hi plasma people,
>
> I was expecting some components to be available for KDE and indeed there

most of what you list are not components.

> You have (in kde-runtime/plasma/declarativeimports/):
> - core (what is in there besides the background stuff?)

DataEngine support, for one rather important thing ...

> - draganddrop (uhh.. ?)

d'n'd probably could go into core, yes.

> - graphicslayouts (what is this supposed to be?)
> - graphicswidgets (So these are the Plasma:: widgets right? Sadly they are
> currently broken and give me this error: "Type dump of C++ plugin failed.
> Parse error: 7:5: Component defenition is missing a name binding" .. I would
> like to use this one but it's not working. Could someone knowledgable about
> that one fix it please?)

these are for use with QGraphicsView, which is what we're currently using. in
some distant future they will be dropped when we also drop QGraphicsView. this
is why they are in a separate namespace.

as for why GrahicsWidgets aren't working ... sounds like some sort of failure
in your install, as we use them in several QML components in Active ...

> - plasmacomponents (These are the new components from GSoC right? But why do
> they look so.. different then the Plasma:: components?

because they are still a WIP.

humru othro a kohnu se