QML device notifier

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 16:54:34 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 25 October 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 25, 2011 16:14:39 Marco Martin wrote:
> > - scrollbar: for this it will depend from qtcomponents, they are in kde-
> > runtime master for now, will still really rather move them in their own
> > repository (and for me, they are 100% needed for active two)
>
> if they are in kde-runtime master, then they should be usable already for a
> plasmoid in kde-workspace master? so the repository location becomes a non-
> relevant detail for using them in the new plasmoid?

yep, it is
the key question is, will be possible to use 4.8 for active two? for that
perion it would be not released, but at elast frozen

> > - devices global kcm: aaron had a patch for this for enabling global kcms
> > in qml plasmoids, it should really go in.
>
> ah, right. i'll have to find that one and put it into master... i'll do so
> asap (though not today)

:D

> > a reason is *very* important for me is the additions in the dataengine,
> > that makes it actually usable from pure qml (mount/unmount service,
> > tells if is removable or not)
>
> are they just additions, or did other things change which would make
> current users of the DataEngine potentially break with these changes
> applied? iow: is it backwards compatible?

yep, purely extra stuff, all the old keys are unchanged

> > it is vital to have those functions for plasma active two since the image
> > viewer now uses an horrible hack to actually list just the removable
> > devices (and will be as well if a generic resource explorer will be
> > started)
> >
> > so, that said, i would risk to merge it for 4.8
>
> let's start with this one and see how it goes ...

ok, after adding the last 2 missing things i'll merge and let's see how it
goes

> > maybe attempting merging the battery applet as well
>
> ... and if it turns out well then lets target this one next. these are key
> pieces of the UI so i'm erring on the side of conservative here :)
>
> great to see these pieces coming together!

yeah, let's try with just this one for 4.8, the battery could be merged at the
beginning of 4.9, so plenty of time to fix things up

--
Marco Martin