Some help for recreating the Plasma Tool Box in QML

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Oct 25 16:30:53 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 25, 2011 15:22:16 Mark wrote:
> > kde-workspace/plasma/desktop/shell/toolbox/paneltoobox.*
> >
> > which really should be in desktop/toolboxes imo, and not in with the
> > shell.
> > i'll fix that right now and then they will be in:
> >
> > kde-workspace/plasma/desktop/toolboxes/paneltoobox.*
>
> Oke. Just wondering if you could explain why..? I have no clue why one is
> either good or bad :p

not so much good or bad as just better or worse :)

we try and keep each type of plugin (applet, containment, dataengines,
wallpapers, runner, etc) in their own subdirectories. the idea is that this
way it is easier to find things based on what the item is, it gives some
general structure to the code tree and it prevents the temptation to weld
components (esp applets and dataengines, but in this case the shell and the
toolboxes) too tightly together by nature of them "living" in the same place
in the code tree.

hth..

humru othro a kohnu se