QML device notifier

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 14:14:39 UTC 2011

Hi all,
i fixed some of the things that were still missing in the device notifier, now
should be basically indistinguisheable, pixel-by-pixel similar to the c++ one,
modulo some details

things that are still missing:
- scrollbar: for this it will depend from qtcomponents, they are in kde-
runtime master for now, will still really rather move them in their own
repository (and for me, they are 100% needed for active two)

- devices global kcm: aaron had a patch for this for enabling global kcms in
qml plasmoids, it should really go in.

- more testing on general behaviour, if the auto popup timeouts are ok etc.

apart from this it is ready to be merged, it is really hard to tell it's
another implementation, so i would still go for 4.8

a reason is *very* important for me is the additions in the dataengine, that
makes it actually usable from pure qml (mount/unmount service, tells if is
removable or not)
it is vital to have those functions for plasma active two since the image
viewer now uses an horrible hack to actually list just the removable devices
(and will be as well if a generic resource explorer will be started)

so, that said, i would risk to merge it for 4.8, maybe attempting merging the
battery applet as well

Cheers,
Marco Martin