Some help for recreating the Plasma Tool Box in QML

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 17:49:23 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Anton Kreuzkamp <akreuzkamp at web.de> wrote:

> On Thursday 20 October 2011 16:27:37 Mark wrote:
> > * What is the current way to get the basic KDE SC running from Git?
> > * What environment variables do i need to set to use KDE from Git
> (libdir,
> > bindir...)?
> The easiest (and I think also recommended) way is kdesrc-build.

I'm guessing there is no guide anymore to setup KDE from git under
a separate user like there was with svn?
If that's the case than i might as well document my steps and make the guide
^_^

@Viranch Mehta
> Well, I'm not sure if it is possible to just change a part of the panel
(the tool box). You'd need to re-do the panel in qml, afaik. But again, not
sure.

erm... I'm fine with that as well, but i have no clue how i can hook those
plasmoids things inside a qml panel.. Like for example the tasklist, system
tray and clock.
I'm guessing that makes it way more complicated.