Runners and their configuration

Jan Gerrit Marker jangmarker at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 20 22:16:04 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm currently investigating the issue that some runners
(AudioPlayerControl, Kill, Spellchecker) do not honor their
configuration.
It seems that the config() function of AbstractRunner does create a
KConfigGroup depending on the X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name which is
set in the desktop file. But when creating the KConfigGroup in the
code of the configuration interface the runners use another name
as the one set for X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name. They use the name which they
set objectName of the runner to.

So my question is whether I should fix the plugins that they use
X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name as the group name in the configuration
interface's code (should I set the objectName of the runner to
X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name in that case, too?) or whether I should change
X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name that it matches objectName (are spaces allowed
for that entry?). If I changed the configuration interfaces' code I
would probably need to write kconfig_update files, wouldn't I?

Best regards,
Jan Marker (jangmarker)