removing dependencies from kactivitymanagerd

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Oct 4 16:29:33 UTC 2011

General question - do you want to create a fw5 branch or something like
that?

Aaron
> KUniqueApplication: this lives in kdeui ... just to provide a way to
> have only one instance of the app. ugh. in Frameworks there is libkdbus
> which has a KDBusService which provides the same capabilities. porting
> to that proved quite simple and straightforward and let ActivityManager
> become a QCoreApplication subclass.

Do we even need KDBusService? Just a check of
QDBusConnectionInterface::isServiceRegistered can be used for this.

Martin
> Well for Wayland we need to change KWindowSystem anyway and I don't
> want to low level protocols. So who wants to

Is that going to be kwin-only, or we have a hope it will be picked up by
others?

Cheerio

--
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
  -- Niels Bohr