ScreenSaver and KDE Plasma 4.8?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Oct 4 11:36:52 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 4, 2011 13:06:34 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > Well if they do I promise to ship an update to kwin to ensure that
> > xscreensaver is stacked underneath the desktop shell ;-)
>
> They'll find a way around that too. "If you make something idiot-proof,
> nature builds a better idiot." ;-) (And sorry, I don't remember who
> originally came up with that citation.)

instead of trying to convince each other with increasingly clever (or whatever
other adjective one wishes to use ;) statements ... let's get back to
focussing on making great technology that matters.

we know why we want to move away from the 20 year old implementation of screen
savers, we know how we want to do it ... now let's execute on that plan, keep
communicating to our users and partners about it and be open to adaptation as
necessary as we receive real world feedback (by which i do not mean "the
loudest whingers" of course :)

humru othro a kohnu se