ScreenSaver and KDE Plasma 4.8?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Oct 3 19:31:19 UTC 2011

Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> What would you say if KDE Plasma would no longer support X Screensavers?
> * I would switch to another DE
> * I would complain
> * I would miss them but could live without them
> * Don't use screensavers, it doesn't affect me
> * Don't care

You forgot option 6:
* Come up with some buggy hack to use xscreensaver directly (maybe even with
a custom idle detector which runs it in test mode, you never know what
"creative" hacks people come up with), advertise it loudly as THE solution
to "fix" screen savers in KDE Plasma, then rush the forums together with all
the followers using that "fix" to complain loudly about everything that
breaks due to the hack, blaming Plasma for it.
(because that's exactly what I expect to happen).

        Kevin Kofler