Any Plasma UI experts available for some team work?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Oct 3 18:56:31 UTC 2011

On Monday, October 3, 2011 20:35:28 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 20:29, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
> > On Monday, 2011-10-03, Martin Klapetek wrote:

> > > Nope, we're working on a chat plasmoid, something that will enable you
> > > chat directly from your plasma desktop (think facebook chat/g+ chat).
> > > The
> > > design is not really finished yet, but we're getting there. This will be
> > > another plasmoid from KDE-Telepathy land ;)
> >
> > I see.
> >
> > In this case it will be better to do this separate for now.
> > My goal for now is to enable users to see and control what's going on in
> > their
> > Akonadi setup, with a focus on monitoring and control of email accounts
> > and
> > sending.
>
> Ok, cool. But we're watching you ;)

it would be ++great if eventually this was all harmonized into one plasmoid
for controlling the status of all communication channels in one place. even if
it uses telepathy for some and akonadi for others behind the scenes, to the
user it should appear as one thing.

Kevin's work can perhaps blaze a trail here and then the telepathy folks can
contribute as they have time and infrastructure to support it in order.

humru othro a kohnu se