ScreenSaver and KDE Plasma 4.8?

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sun Oct 2 07:36:50 UTC 2011

@Martin

I say kill X screensaver, and we'll make a few cute QML ones to ship instead.

@all

For me, it is not only about X-code versus non-X-code. It is also
about security of scrsaver's execution.

> Probably because the distros are not shipping 4.7 yet. (4.1 to 4.6 actually
> do show desktop icons by default, in a folder view widget which is set up by

No plasma release had the folderview by default. Some of the distros
had (have) the folder view as default containment, but that is NOT our
default.

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard