ScreenSaver and KDE Plasma 4.8?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Oct 2 07:30:30 UTC 2011

----- Ursprüngliche Mitteilung -----
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > unless we give them something better and communicate with
> > understanding.
>
> Users will not accept your "something better" unless their favorite
> existing   screensaver runs on it. No amount of communication can change
> that. (And   please don't shoot the messenger! I don't even use a
> screensaver myself, so   I personally couldn't care less about this
> change.)
with wayland the old x screensavers won't work anyway. There is a clear technical reason: we need an implementation which works bith both wayland and x. My new implementation does exactly that. By adding support for the x screensavers again I would break the possibility to use the implementation for wayland. I am no longer going for X only solutions. I am sure that we can cummunicate that and that users are happy that we work on the future.

Cheers
Martin