Plasma Widgets in Qt-designer

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Nov 22 13:09:53 UTC 2011

On Monday 24 Heshvan 5772 23:02:13 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday, November 21, 2011 16:38:22 Luiz =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rom=E1rio?=
> Santana
>
> Rios wrote:
> > I think it's because Plasma widgets are not QWidgets, but
> > QGraphicsWidgets.
>
> you are correct.

I assume that yet-another-set-of-widgets was written because they have
qualtities the others do not, i.e., portray according the the plasma style,
etc. (BTW, most look great for panels but the text in some apps is barely
readable.) The ability to use a visual forms tool to set them up would mean I
would make use of them instead of some of the Qt and KDE I use now.

An alterntive might be a script to convert of .ui or ui....h file if the calls
are similar enough.