bug killing

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 00:30:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> if you have other ideas, let me know.

Is there a feature for bugzilla that allows users to flag bugs as
being fixed, duplicate, upstream, downstream, etc?  I know people with
administrator rights can close bugs in this way, but if
non-admisitrator users could flag bugs so that people with
administrator rights would get notified that the bug should be closed
it might make triaging easier.

I often encounter bugs that are duplicate, fixed, etc, and I post a
comment on the bug report to that effect, but the comments seem to
rarely be acted upon, probably because they appear the same as all the
other random comments and thus get lost in all the noise coming from
bko.  So if there was some special way to notify devs about bugs that
should be fixed, one that won't as easily get lost amongst ordinary
comments, it might make things easier for everyone.  But such a
feature may not exist for bugzilla.

-Todd