QtQuick 1.0 vs 1.1

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 15 02:34:55 UTC 2011

Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> I am more for dependency on 4.7.4, but it has to be clarified with the
> release team and probably packagers. Till 4.8 is released all distros
> should ship it and all packaging systems should support it. So it's
> hopefully just a >= 4.7.4 instead of >=4.7.0

>From the Fedora side, absolutely no objections to depending on >= 4.7.4, in
fact we'd appreciate it if it means fewer bugs. All our supported releases
(i.e. Fedora 14 and newer) have at least 4.7.4 in updates already.

In fact, as far as we're concerned, you could even require >= 4.8.0. Fedora
16 ships Qt 4.8 RC and we aren't planning to ship KDE SC 4.8 to Fedora 15
(and Fedora 14 will be dead by that time).

But 4.7.4 is definitely no problem.

        Kevin Kofler