QML Analog Clock

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 08:04:45 UTC 2011

On Saturday 12 November 2011, Viranch Mehta wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > how does this sound?
>
> That's helpful! But what about loading of the multiple custom config uis?
> If that part
> will also be taken care of by the c++ part, I don't see the point of doing
> this applet

yeah, would be done by the subclass that would be actually implemented if
there are custom config uis

> in qml at all. All that qml part does is to show few svgs and make them
> move around.
> Everything else is being done by c++.

as aaron said, the big point is moving away from qgraphicsview dependencies.

i don't see really desiderable (not only not possible) having everything in
pure qml, since one of its points is to have a simple api in which is more
difficult to make too much damage.

config uis will probably come, when we have qstyle themed components (would be
possible doing them with plasma components, but on the desktop i don't think
it really belongs)

Cheers,
Marco Martin