4.8 communication

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 21:08:30 UTC 2011

On Friday 04 November 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> and, for the record: the WAC JS APIs are horrifically, horrifically,
> pathetically bad. someone let a C developer lose in the Javascript henhouse
> and was obviously driven by a committee for design decisions. *sigh*

eh, couldn't agree more ;)
this is a direction for app development that is really wrong in so many
levels..
(in the end boils down if will be adopted or not.. i still didn't see even one
"real" application done with it, maybe i just didn't search hard enough, dunno
;))

> looking at that and how without those APIs WAC just won't work reliably,
> i'd suggest that we look for an interested party who is willing to put
> some investment into implementing this API. that depends, i suppose, on
> WAC applications actually showing up that are worth using.

yep, point quite important to me, is (probably) time wasted if we spend time
in doing this thing ourselves...

that makes the point remain...
the current package loading code... in 4.8 or not? ;)

Cheers,
Marco Martin