QML splash screen

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 4 16:11:03 UTC 2011

On Friday, November 4, 2011 09:51:24 Mark wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > it has basic support for multi screen:
> > * same splash shown in all of them
> > * doesn't support hot add/remove (so basically just like the other splash
> > screens ;)

awesome! :) i honestly think that's all that's really needed.

we could, should we find a good reason to, easily add optional "secondary
screen QML" layouts, and that would be a nice "junior job" task. just check
for the existence of a qml file with a standardized name and load that instead
of the main one on secondary screens. if it doesn't exist, load the primary
one. voila.

> So now we have a QML splash screen that doesn't need to be "rebuild" if one
> changes the background?

correct. and one that supports all sorts of animation possibilities, and which
eventually can be run using openGL (including shaders ....)

humru othro a kohnu se