About kimpanel merge

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Nov 3 09:41:05 UTC 2011

On Thursday, November 3, 2011 17:23:59 Weng Xuetian wrote:
> Can anyone give me some advice on this?

there seems to be quite some push-back from packagers and others on having the
input panel in its own repository; i think that for Plasma Desktop 2, based on
libplasma2 from frameworks 5, we can split things into more sensible
repositories. for 4.x, however, it seems that the easiest thing will be to put
the kimpanel rewrite in kdeplasma-addons.

so .. my suggestion:

* remove the existing kimpanel from kdeplasma-addons
* put kimpanel/applet in kdeplasma-addons/applets/kimpanel
* put kimpanel/dataengine in kdeplasma-addons/dataengines/kimpanel

then when we move to Frameworks 5 and libplasma 2, i can set up some git
filter-branch runs to put all the input things (virtual keyboard, multi-byte
input, etc) from kdeplasma-addons into their repository.

you can do this as soon as you wish .. and the sooner the better :)

humru othro a kohnu se