the utter failure of bugzilla (and us?)

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue May 31 20:21:04 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 31 May 2011 20:57:39 Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote:
> An offline tool would be very useful.But before we start searching for
> one,don't we need to decide which bug tracker plasma devs will use?
> As it was mentioned before,there is always the ability to use redmine
> as a bug tracker if it is being decided.
> So,the bug tracker will stay as it is or the plasma community will
> move to something else?
Nodody knows yet whether Plasma will stay or not. We are currently collecting our needs (see
the Wiki page) and this will decide what we do. The only real argument for a new bug tracker so
far is having a fresh restart, which is also possible with bugzilla. Most of our other needs are
also possible with bugzilla, we just don't make real use of what bugzilla provides.