Plasma clock bug/wish triage

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri May 27 17:46:15 CEST 2011

On Friday, May 27, 2011 16:28:02 John Layt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following on from the bugs discussion I've gone through the bugs for the
> widget-clock componant closing what I can.
>
> I've previously posted a number of to-do points at
> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Tasks#Calendar.2FClock_Plasmoids based on
> the open bugs.  If anyone was to fix/rewrite the digital clock resizing
> code we could kill half the bugs, my eternal gratitude awaits someone :-)
>
> What's then left is a lot of wishes for new visual features that I think we
> can be ruthless with closing if there is no intent to ever implement them,
> so opinions please on:
>
> 162828 - Blinking dots on clock

gratuitous. can be implemented in someone else's clock.

> 165416 - Zoom/Crop Analog Clock in Panel

nope.

> 169130 - Manually Set Font Size
> 185588 - Manually Set Font Size

nope.

> 184179 - Display timezone at top of clock not bottom

nope.

> 185665 - Ability to always have calendar widget on top

nope.

would be nice to be able to have extenders in floating windows, but not
interested in doing it for the clock alone. and no plans to implement such a
feature for extenders myself.

> 186692 - Option to remove border

nope. guy is wrong anyways -> it would still use that room, and then you
wouldn't easily be able to see it anyways.

> 186913 - Show temperature

haha. no.

> 193747 - Show more than 1 month in calendar

no.

> 193925 - Show seconds in on-hover pop-up

sure, could be done.

> 199999 - Show date in analog clock

sure

> 204198 - Let user choose side-by-side or stacked mode

no. impossible to do with free scaling.

> 210613 - Ability to independently set 12/24 hour time display

nope. desktop wide settings.

> 224344 - Ability to turn off week numbers

not worth the configuration UI imho.

> 255344 - Add close button to calendar pop-up

this should be a general extender popup thing if it is set to be passive (and
so doesn't auto-disappear on close). iow, it's a libplasma bug.

> There are bugs for fuzzy clock and world clock that strictly are not part of
> Plasma Clock, do we want to move them elsewhere?

world clock belongs with marble. fuzzy clock should have its own component in
plasma.

humru othro a kohnu se