questions about "remote web services"

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu May 19 10:40:11 CEST 2011

On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 16:20:02 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> * one source per service, e.g. youtube

NOOOOOOOOO! :D

For this kind of stuff, we should completely (== as much as possible) ignore
the service itself. So instead of a youtube engine, we create a videoengine
(which itself uses youtube as a backend). The backends are interchangeable, so
if today youtube is hot, and tomorrow blip, we can easily change it in the
client plasmoids.

Same goes for other webservices.

Overall your advice is good, of course, just for the case of "generic
webservices", we've started to go into that direction.

sebas