KWin and Qt5

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 9 19:38:28 CEST 2011

On Monday 09 May 2011, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> yes it's early, but there was something in Lars's blog post [1] which I
> need to braindump/discuss. Let me quote the important part: "Qt will
> require OpenGL (ES) 2.0 to work. QWidgets will be layered on top of the
> scene graph (not the scene graph on top of QWidgets as is currently done
> with Qt 4)."

this sounds to me as qgraphicsproxywidgets pain all over again and i really
hope they don't go that route (with the carateristic that afer each
qwidget::render() all will have to be uploaded as texture, so even more
overhead than before)

plz leave poor old qwidget alone in theyr legacy state and finish the qstyle
based qtcomponents, but whatever :/

--
Marco Martin