On user notifications...

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon May 9 08:40:38 CEST 2011

On Saturday, May 7, 2011 14:13:04 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> > in any case, the fix would be pretty simple. the code is in kde-
> > runtime/knotify/notifybypopup.cpp .. at a quick glance it looks like
> > simply checking for an icon on the KNotifyConfig* that is handed in to
> > the notify method would suffice. perhaps this could even be done in the
> > getAppCaptionAndIconName method.
>
> Great, I'll have a look. Would this patch be accepted for 4.7 or is it
> already too late?

probably too late for the 4.7 schedule, but we can put into git at least where
it will be ready for merging. if it was a smaller feature set i might suggest
we try and cheat a bit since we aren't at hard freeze yet, but it's a fairly
significant change that will affect public api in kdelibs, knotify and
eventually a key plasmoid :)

humru othro a kohnu se