May sprint planning

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun May 1 17:52:49 CEST 2011

hi all :)

the May devel sprint is starting tomorrow:

	http://contour-scrum.basyskom.org/icescrum/p/PLASMA#sprintBacklog/43

starting immediately, you can add new features and stories to the Sandbox or
request existing ones that aren't already scheduled for this sprint to be
added to this sprint.

to request something to be scheduled, please reply to this email so we can
keep all sprint plan requests and planning in one thread for easier tracking.

once a story is scheduled, please feel free to start defining the tasks and
claiming them as you and your co-implementors of the story / feature see fit.

on thursday, we hopefully will have added as many stories as possible to the
sprint that we plan on actually working on this month. from thursday forward,
we will shift our focus to working on the items scheduled and away from
actually scheduling things. (and of course: you can start working on things
before thursday ;)

if we schedule not enough stories, we can add more stories as the sprint
unfolds. if we schedule too much, we can push things off to the next sprint.
we will almost certainly not get the schedule accurate for this first sprint.
it will take a few iterations, and until then we shouldn't sweat too much
about perfectly hitting the number of stories we can take on.

let loose the dogs of devel!

p.s. while contributions wil not be rejected if they are not in iceScrum (of
course!), we do invite all of you to use it for Plasma related things that
will end up in KDE's git :)

p.p.s. if you aren't sure if you'll manage to finish something in the next
month, but would like to schedule it anyways (a common situation for our
largely volunteer base of contributors :), don't worry: things that don't get
finished in this sprint get automatically moved to the next sprint when this
one finishes and we get nice graphs letting us learn about how we are managing
that flow :)

humru othro a kohnu se