Mobile and GSOC

Davide Bettio bettio at kde.org
Sun Mar 27 18:36:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

This mail is about two topics: gsoc and mobile.
Firstly, I am going to explain to you what I've been doing recently and
what goals I have reached.
I've started to work on the mobile stack since I've written a QML demo
application called "mobile dolphin", since that day I've been working on
several mobile apps including:
* phonebook application (that stores contacts on akonadi)
* phone dialer
* phone management application (which works as PIN requester/active
calls management, etc...)
* signal strength applet
* mobile operator name applet
Actually all the code is working with ofono/ofono-qt and phonesim but it
should work on real hardware without any change.
All the code is available on plasma-mobile (mobilephone and apps branches).
I would like to continue to work on this project as a gsoc project.
During the gsoc I plan to improve existing applications and to write
other required applications (sms, calls register, etc...)
Any comment or advice is welcome :)

Bye,
Davide Bettio.