log of educatonal desktop meeting

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 20 19:03:39 CET 2011

On 20 March 2011 17:36, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> unfortunately there weren't many people to the meeting for the educational
> desktop gsoc.
> however me and nuno kept the ball rolling and talked with the students about
> the main design ideas that should be there.
> here is the complete, unfiltered log.
>
> to have condensed in a couple of bullet points, it's:
> * preconfigured activities as i seen in the ideas already is ok
> * remote control, that would be for what apps are available/what activity
> we're in right now (protocol of remote widgets could work, or something else
> could be needed)
> * a list of launchers and the current activity should be controllable by the
> teacher
> * application on teacher computer used for controlling
> * ready to use layouts for the desktop and netbook shells
> * current shells should be enough, fork--
> * a shared whiteboard would be great, too big job to be added in this gsoc,
> kwhiteboard could be used?
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/network/telepathy/kwhiteboard

If you guys want to use KWhiteboard, that would be really cool. Just
drop a mail to kde-telepathy at kde.org and tell us what you need it to
do, and we'll try and make that happen :) We're open to just about
anything at the moment, since the app hasn't yet progressed beyond the
proof-of-concept stage.

--
George