Subject: Re: Subject: Plasmate status

Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) polentino911 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:52:42 CET 2011

Ok, however more modularization wouldn't hurt :)

> The editor part, which is the most interesting probably, is already plugin-
> based (it picks the editor used based on the mimetype).
> Crashing the previewer should not be possible anyway, and if it is, it
> needs
> fixing in libplasma. In general, scripted plasmoids (which plasmate is all
> about) cannot crash plasma (or in that case the previewer).
>
> I might be missing something here, in that case, please enlighten me. :)

I'll try to pinpoint the problem; these days I was developing a qml
plasmoid, and plasmate was pretty crashy :(

> That said, I'd be willing to mentor a GSoC project with the goal to release
> stable and complete version at the end of it. That excludes anything which
> brings Plasmate further away from a release, though. Plasmate has been
> lingering for too long, we should bring it to a release instead of
> tinkering
> on the codebase.
>
> Oh great :)
If you think it's feasible, I will put my ideas together and fill a
proposal.

> The editor part is interesting, we can go two ways here: Work with Qt
> Creators
> QML editor, or move towards kdevelop and make sure kdevelop understands it
> and
> can auto-propose object properties and their syntax. Neither of those is
> necessary for a 1.0, imo. They're certainly desirable, though.

Agreed.

> > Ok, now back to KMix QML applet =)
>
> Have fun, and thanks for the comments :)

You're welcome, cheers!
Diego

> --
> sebas
>
> http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
>
> --
H: Who is Watson without Sherlock Holmes?
G: Watson was a genius in his own right.

My personal blog: http://polentino911.wordpress.com/