[kde-edu]: Re: GSoC: Educational desktop

Marc Mauri Alloza marcmaurialloza at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:25:36 CET 2011

Hi all,

With this mail I send a first rough proposal for the KDE Educational
Desktop (KDE Plasma Classroom Workspace is a cuter name :P).

My name is Marc Mauri and I study Computer Engineering in Barcelona
School of Informatics in Catalonia (Spain). I live in Barcelona too.

My plan for Plasma Classroom Workspace is to make a workspace adapted
to the teaching-learning process and all contexts, objects and actions
in this process.

In the document I start to define what the default activities.
Student/Teacher Activity, Folder Activity, Calendar Activity,
Classroom Activity and Subject/Lesson Activity would be useful in a
learning environment.

I introduce cross competences as an idea that should be present on
Plasma Classroom.

I think that I'm the right person for this task because I have
technical knowledge about C++ programing language, and basic Qt
knowledge. I've been in internship in my university preparing teaching
material.

It's not a problem for me to have a mentor 12 time zones away even I
prefer a closer one. About language, I have not any problem talking
and writing in English but Spanish or Catalan mentors are welcome too.

Let's do Plasma Classroom rock!

You can download the full rough proposal from here:

www-est.fib.upc.edu/~marc.mauri/GSoCKDEPlasmaClassroomWorkspaceProposal.odt