Plasma Tablet at login?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Mar 10 14:08:28 CET 2011

On Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:31:52 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 07 March 2011, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > > well, plasma-desktop doesn't start dbus either ... :) and yes,
> > > replacing plasma-destop.desktop with plasma-mobile.desktop should
> > > work. if you put plasma-desktop.desktop back and just change the Exec=
> > > line (to see if there's  something in plasma-desktop.destop that's
> > > missing in
> > > plasma-mobile.desktop) does that work any better?
> >
> > No, that complains about missing DBus. Sorry to have been unclear...
>
> any news?
> it really should be enough swapping that desktop file, provided startkde is
> running :/

Poked a bit more at it, my findings (getting closer ;)):

* putting in dbus-launch plasma-mobile works, but...

The new problem is that it seems to return immediately, so the splash is gone
before plasma-mobile is up. THe user gets a black screen in the meantime.

If I add X-DBUS-StartupType=wait, it waits forever and doesn't clear the
splash when p-m is running, double clicking on the splash shows it's started
up just fine

I think we're getting closer though :)
--
sebas