about commit 83ea19670eff0febff516380fb59a65a1d7667a9: use Qt::Popup in tasks applet

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Mar 9 09:56:50 CET 2011

On Tuesday, March 8, 2011, Jacopo De Simoi wrote:
> This strategy is quite debatable, but apparently has been there forever
> (<4.5) Can we workaround this fact?

i don't know; to me it really sounds like something that needs to be fixed in
Qt.

> reverting this commit should do it, is it worth it?

reverting is not an option imho, as it causes all kinds of edge cases in which
clicking outside of the popup does not result in it hiding. that was even with
all of our clever work arounds in place, it was still fairly easy to trigger
with a bit of random clicking.

if i have to choose between incorrect behavior and a visual glitch, i'll
probably pick the visual glitch. it would be nice to see why Qt is doing this
and if there would be a way to "fix" it.

humru othro a kohnu se