Plasma Tablet at login?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Mar 7 15:31:53 CET 2011

On Monday, March 07, 2011 15:10:37 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>   On Monday, March 7, 2011, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > but it didn't work since at login, plasma-desktop seems to start some
> > stuff that's also needed for plasma-mobile, but plasma-mobile won't
> > start this itself. There's for example no usable dbus around, and adding
> > dbus-launch to the command to start plasma-mobile didn't fix this for
> > me.
>
> this sounds like startkde isn't being run, and so the necessary kde env
> isn't  being set up? or something like that...

isn't startkde the thing that interprets what needs to be run from  the
.desktop files in share/autostart? That's where I replaced plasma-desktop with
plasma-mobile, but it fails, complaining about the lack of DBus.

As you can tell, this is not my area of expertise (yet ;-)), but I'd like us
to find a generic way to replace the shell one wants to use.
--
sebas