[RFC] Enforcing Compositing

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Tue Mar 1 11:11:47 CET 2011

I only want to point out that the performance with extended monitor is NOT
that great when using Intel 965, right now my resolution is:

with: 1280 + 1920
height: 1080
total: 3200x1080

To be able to support this kind of textures some tricks has been added to
the driver but even with that the performance is not as smooth as when
using only the 1280x800 monitor (the laptop build in).

Afaik this won't change at least until XRandR 1.4 is released which afaik has
been delayed at least until X Server 1.10 (it was pulled from 1.9).

More info in per-CRTC pixmap:
http://www.mail-archive.com/xorg-devel@lists.x.org/msg05633.html