adding actions to the standard menu

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 18:39:12 CEST 2011

On June 25, 2011 00:59:01 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using KDE 4.6.3 on Fedora 14.
>
> I would like to add an action to the standard menu. Specifically, I
> would like to run the sleep action by popping up the standard menu using
> the right mouse button on the desktop and then to select sleep with the
> left mouse button.
>
> How can I make this change?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Roberto

hmm. the standard menu doesn't have that as an option. you'd have to add it to
the code... I can't remember exactly where that plugin lives, but the plasma-
devel list can tell you. :)
it would just be a matter of adding another action, like the logout one, and
code to carry it out. if you're not sure how to invoke sleep, I'm sure there's
an example in some other applet. iirc it was *very* similar to logout.

oh, and watch out for the ugly hack I did to set which actions are on by
default.

if you want other people to benefit from your patch too, you can either submit
it to the plasma team, or put your own plugin up on kde-apps.org.

--
Chani
http://chani.ca