Plasma QML documentation

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jun 22 10:04:06 CEST 2011

On Thursday, June 16, 2011 13:08:35 Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've started to document the api of the QML Plasma bindings, the pages are:
> a simple getting started tutorial:

wooooOO! :)) this makes me very, very happy to see.

> * binded qgraphicslayouts and old plasma widgets (i really do *not* want to
> publicize that thing...)

this can perhaps be linked to from a "legacy support" section on the page, and
point to just the widgets page split out from the JS API (see below more more
on the splitting)

> * qtextracomponents: they depend just from qt, but i would document them
> there (and yes i still am on the position that image providers cannot even
> remotely replace them :p)

where are QtExtraComponents shipped? Qt itself, or?

> * parts in common with the JS api (except services that are briefly talked
> about): they could be copied but would be harder to update since all work
> would have to be done 2 times: is enough to cross link the needed sections?

what we could do is split the JavaScript API page up into several pages. it's
already way too long anyways :)

then the main JS API page could link to those pages, and the QML pages could
link to the relevant ones. we'd just need to ensure that the documentation is
valid and appropriate for both JS and QML. do you have a list of sections on
the JS API page that would also be relevant to QML? i can easily do the page
splitting from there...

> if anybody wants to expand the sections of the guide in any way, please do
> so ;)

i cleaned up a couple of minor issues today while reading it over... hopefully
others will do similarly :)

humru othro a kohnu se