3 showstopper bugs for 4.7 release

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 18:28:41 CEST 2011

On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 17:57:05 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 14:13:27 Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> > * notification icon in the systray disappearing: sometimes it disappears
> > from the systray and is not even available from the widget explorer as
> > well
> >
> > Happened to me once (vanished from systray, didnt check widget explorer),
> > very very hard to reproduce.
>
> Reinstalling and running kbuildsycoca4 "fixes" it for me, but that's
> obviously  not a solution, just an observation. I'm also experiencing this
> problem in the Plasma Active packages, looking into it...

Alright, found and fixed it. It was actually not a problem in our released
packages, but in plasma-mobile/applets/notifications (which holds a mobile
version for the notifications). This guy would overwrite kde-workspace's
notifications .desktop file, and thereby 'hide' that Plasmoid.

I've fixed it in plasma-mobile/master.
--
sebas