3 showstopper bugs for 4.7 release

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:13:27 CEST 2011

Hi Marco, no ideas on how to fix it, but here are my observations (I run
updated KDE from git)

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i just notice in my master build 3 rather serious bugs that really need to
> be
> fixed prior 4.7 release since they are pretty bad regressions, first step i
> would like if anybody else experiences those or are just evil wood elves in
> my
> setup:
>
> * notification icon in the systray disappearing: sometimes it disappears
> from
> the systray and is not even available from the widget explorer as well

Happened to me once (vanished from systray, didnt check widget explorer),
very very hard to reproduce.

> * menacing warning messages: load the microblog palsmoid (plasmoidviewer
> twitter) log in to identica and a warning message should appear (and that's
> the problem)

I remember starting to use Choqok because such kdemicroblog messages started
to irritate me. The last post from me using kdemicroblog is
http://identi.ca/notice/71889881 . Around 25th April.

Also, I'm not sure if its only me, I get these weird messages even in the
community plasmoid http://i.imgur.com/fMge4.png

> * taskbar screw ups: after opening and closing many windows, there are
> empty
> spots in the taskbar, so probably something dangling from libtaskmanager

Happening since a long time (an year maybe). Try one more thing, add an
autohide panel on the left side, make it as big as you can (~1/4 of screen).
Now keep showing/hiding it, taskbar will occasionally develop spaces.