which is the roadmap of kdeplasma-addons repository?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:50:53 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 14 June 2011, Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> [...]
>
> I am highly interested in helping refactoring the kdeplasma-addons
> repository.(Of course if it is being decided.)
>
> What do you think?

to me kdeplasma-addons is good as is, a set (as small as possible) of plasmoid
that while are not the necessary core functionality have at least a minimum
level of quality assured. there, the  difference between c++ and qml is not so
much important, they will slowly migrate towards qml anyways.

the existence of a repository with only 3rd party qml plasmoids could make
sense for promotional purpose, however it should be clear that:
* bugs don't go in our bugzilla
* they are not controlled by us, don't ask to us about changes/improvements to
them
* they can disappear from there any moment, if their quality goes south, are
unmaintained or whatever
* so no promises of stability of any kind from that repo
* if one in there is really excellent, *could* (not necessarily;) go in
kdeplasma-addons

Cheers,
Marco Martin