QMap in QML

Viranch Mehta viranch.mehta at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 13:01:10 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> this is a problem in the JS bindings. i've "fixed" it in master, which will
> become 4.7.0 ... i woul dlike to find a better fix, however..
>
> Is it only "StringStringMap" specific? Because, we'll be seeing new
dataengines coming up and present ones changing in future, and there may be
other datatypes begin used as well, like QHash, QPair, etc. So wouldn't we
need a "generic" fix? Unless, we restrict the dataengines to use only the
basic datatypes.

Also, I could not build kde-runtime after the StringStringMap fix, says:
‘qt_metatype_id’ is not a member of ‘QMetaTypeId<Plasma::Service*>’
kde-runtime/plasma/scriptengines/javascript/simplebindings/dataengine.cpp:66:104:
instantiated from here
and
kde-runtime/plasma/scriptengines/javascript/simplebindings/dataengine.cpp:68:113:
  instantiated from here

Thanks,
Viranch