Problems with KService/KBuildSycoca in Comic Dataengine

Matthias Fuchs mat69 at gmx.net
Wed Jul 27 10:47:37 UTC 2011

Am 25.07.2011 19:17, schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Monday, July 25, 2011 17:34:05 Matthias Fuchs wrote:
>> plasmapkg -t comic -u %f&&  kbuildsycoca4
>
> that could well be a reasonable short term solution.
>
> another would be to patch Package::installPackage to call recreate() via dbus
> when a package is installed.
>
> does the attached patch to libplasma fix it for you?

Thank you a lot for you patch!

I just realised that the initial problem was an embarrassing long
lasting issue in the comic dataengine. We never called
DataEngine::removeAllData.
No wonder that it did not work, though I wonder why it sometimes works.

Anyway sorry for having claimed your time, better debugging on my part
would have avoided that.